7/13/2012

Newer World

I guess I am getting tired of old rocks and buildings. I went to the Edinburgh Castle yesterday (right in the middle of the city) and, besides the stunning views of Edinburgh, did not find it that exciting. I went to the Scottish National Portrait Museum and was disappointed that most of the modern photographs were on storage. I went to the National Gallery and, except for Titian, headed right for Van Gogh and Monet, the most modern thing they had. (I recently read Christopher Moore's newest book, Sacre Bleu, set in Montmartre with those painters.)

Today I hiked down to just below Arthur's Seat to the gorgeous new Scottish Parliament building. It was hosting the World Press photo exhibit for 2011. It was stunning.

I am ready to go home where the world is newer. Perhaps I am just ready to go home.

No comments: