12/20/2009

Children's Christmas Program




















My eldest was Herod this morning. He was a little uncomfortable with the notorious role, but he knew his lines and said them clearly, and got to wear a great costume.

Theo opted out. Last week while he was crying and I was trying to convince him to go to rehearsal (he was supposed to dress as an angel and say, "A savior" on cue) he said to me, "Momma, I need more space than that." Well, he's right, he does need more space than the whole program would have allowed, and there is hardly any chance he would have said what he was supposed to when he was supposed to. He did, this morning, indicate that perhaps next year he'll be in the program.

Well. I've seen these programs for years. We do this every Christmas. Every year the kids are cute, every year some forget their lines, every year weird things go wrong and are delightful. This year, though, I nearly cried through the whole thing. I don't think it was because I had one kid in it, and one kid not. I just found it so moving, all these people working so hard for the children to tell us this story about a little baby, again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: